Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

It’s Called A “Decision”

It seems today that so many want to blame someone else for their lot in life. Of course
there are times that this is a legitimate argument. Another’s decision has caused you problems, some great and some small.

If a drunk driver hits someone, they made a decision to get behind the wheel and take a chance with your life.

People make decisions to steal, murder and rape, causing great angst on another.

Decisions are made daily to abort an unborn child. That decision is murder. That unborn person will never have a chance at life on this side of the grave, because of the decision of another.

We could go on page after page about decisions others made that caused you problems, and they would be legitimate gripes, but now is the time to get over it. Now it is time for you to make a decision to not let their decision tear down the remainder of the life you still have.

Let’s look at some other decisions.

Many folks made a decision in their childhood to not study in school but to be “cool.” Now they’re lacking in education and holding down a menial job.

Decisions are made by some to involve themselves in a sexual activity that is contrary to the teaching of God’s Word, the Bible. It is a sin against God. Now their family is torn apart and they are fighting STDs or worse.

You decided to marry that bozo even though your Mom advised you against it. Now the honeymoon is over and reality sets in.

The point is we all have to deal with decisions. We may have to deal with a decision made by someone else that has affected us, or we may have to deal with a decision we made all on our own. Either way, we must deal with it.

At this point we can continue to whine and mope around, feeling sorry for ourselves while blaming others for our lot in life, or we can decide to deal with it by finally making sound decisions. It’s our call.

There are also many wonderful people who are in bad situations, due to neither their decisions nor anyone else’s decisions. It is what it is.

Understand that I am not by any means making light of a bad situation that one may be in, whether it was caused by someone else or was self-made or just is. Everyone has something in their life they need to address, and yes, some are worse than others, much worse.

For a Christian the answer rests in Jesus Christ.

For a non-Christian the answer also rests in Jesus Christ, but first, you must call upon Him in true repentance and ask Him to save your soul.

Will your problem or problems be resolved? That’s totally up to God, and believe it or not, that isn’t what is important anyway. Listen to the Apostle Paul:

6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, 7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” (2 Corinthians 12:6-10 NIV)

What is God’s purpose for your life? Don’t know? Ask Him. If you know Jesus as your Savior, ask your Father in Heaven to take your circumstances and glorify His Son in your life. Will He change your circumstances? I don’t know. I do know this. Your attitude will change, as did the Apostle Paul’s.

Jesus can help us deal with circumstances, without those circumstances changing. Turn your life around and make a decision now, the right one.

Grant Phillips
Pre-Rapture Commentary http://grant-phillips.blogspot.com